As part of my music around the world theme this year, I have spent some time for a couple of months looking up some things about the Chinese New year. I found a really fun, catchy, and simple to learn Chinese Song.
I found tons of fun facts and fun crafts that relate to the Chinese New Year. I made a Chinese New Year Chinese writing activity for the kids to trace, as well as a writing activity for elementary aged kids for writing about the New Year. I won’t have time to do all of it this year, but I excited to do a few activities along with my curriculum.
The packet includes:
#1 Chinese New Year Packet
• Suggestions of some books to read to younger and
older students plus some more good websites with more information.
• Chinese New Year lesson plan ideas
• Book ideas and good websites for finding more
• Facts about Chinese New Year in a list
• Chinese New Year 15 Day layout
• Music for “Gōng xǐ” with pronunciation plus
English Translation with a video link with clear
lyrics to help you learn music
• A fun Chinese Happy New Year phrase writing
activity for all ages in a large and smaller size.
• Directions on how to make Chinese New Year
• 22 more ideas of arts and crafts you can do for
Chinese New Year
• Writing paper activity for both lower & upper
elementary level for the New Year- 2016-2020 in
color and BW plus directions with suggestions for
• Music extra- “Gōng xǐ” for recorder
#2 Chinese New Year Maps and Icons Powerpoint
• A powerpoint of the China map and some famous
icons associated with it
#3 Chinese New Year Facts Power Point
• Powerpoint of many Chinese New Year facts
#4 Chinese New Year Music Power Point
• “Gōng xǐ” music and verses
• Music extra for Kodaly music: Solfa and rhythm for
#5 China 8 1/2 x 11 poster with pictures of
common items associated with it.
#6 Chinese New Year JPEG’s
• JPEG files of all items for printing or making a
smart board for promethean flip chart